And boom goes the dynamite.
3 MSkees imploded…and I mean absolutely imploded in Week 4 – rolling a 747 and losing to the #11 team Doggskee Style. Many folks will be perplexed as to how this could happen, but I’ve seen it too many times – It’s called the “Week After Hangover” and no one is immune to it. Just this skeeson alone we’ve already had several examples of it. Here are a few:
- H-Town rolled a jaw-dropping 453 in Week 2 – made the cover of Rolling Times, got hyped up in the skeemail, and led the league in individual average – only to come in Week 3 and roll a 286. Hangover effect.
- Chad “The Arm” Brophy rolled a 329 in Week 3 and led Just The Tip to a 966 and the headline of The Wall Skeet Journal. He came in this past Thursday and rolled a 183…yes, a 183. Hangover effect.
- Giaimo, Farrell and Hundogasm joined forces in the off-skeeson certain they would completely dominate the league. They were pre-skeeson ranked #2 and came into Week 1 cocky and care-free. Then they rolled a 730. Hangover effect.
Who could be next to suffer The Week After Hangover? Here are a few folks I think could be next in line:
- Skeeve McQueen – they’ve improved each week, rolling a 962 this past week.
- 2 Skeezy Brothers and a Broadskee – they’ve also improved each week, upsetting Skee Love and Special Sauce this past week with an 859.
- Moskeetoes Balls – got their first victory of Skeeson IX and rolled a career high.
- G (I Skee Drunk People) – a rookie can’t stay this hot all skeeson long, can he?